Wednesday, May 20 at 6PM at BUMC
Thursday, May 21 at 11:30AM at BUMC; Chair/Mat yoga at Fellowship Hall
Saturday, May 23 at 9:30AM at BUMC
Sunday, May 24 at 5PM at BUMC
Optional Meditation during the Second Week of Each Month
This month, we donated $42.00 to Our House; thank you.
Your donation benefits Our House which provides care and education to homeless children and helps their parents to get to their feet.
Please remember to put your donation in the basket in lieu of extra fee.
Lunch and Dinner Club Dates
Please send me suggestions for date and place for our next lunch and dinner outings.
Please see May calendar attached
Please note that instead of Th., May 28, we will meet on F., May 29 at the Fellowship Hall for our Chair/Mat yoga at 11:30AM
Spice of the Month; Lavender
Lavender is a plant that most of us love for its aroma. In addition to its beautiful fragrance, Lavender can be used for other purposes.
- Lavender tea has cleansing effect. To make tea, add 4 cups of boiling water to 2 teaspoons of lavender flowers and brew for 10 minutes. Drink up to 4 cups per day.
- a hot compress alleviates pain; brew 1/4 cup of lavender flower with 4 cups of boiling water and brew for 10 minutes.
- A few drops of the lavender essential oil in a hot foot bath will banish fatigue.
-Applied on the body, it will act as a strong stimulant and may relieve various neuralgic pains, sprains, and rheumatism.
- A few drops of its essential oil on the forehead takes care of headache and minor depression.
- It is a great bug repellent. Placing lavender flowers in the closets and drawers keeps moths out.
-Applying it to the skin keeps the mosquito and midges away. Add a few drops of the essential oil to your favorite oil such as almond or sesame oil.
-To make a cosmetic tonic, Add a handful of lavender flowers to 2 cups of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar. Add 6 cups of rose water or rose petals or jasmine petals. Let the flowers steep for a week, but shake and turn the liquid each day. Strain off the flowers. Use this tonic on the face to restore the acid mantle or on the body to restore energy. It is excellent for oily skin.
- To help with sleep, put a drop of lavender essential oil on a cotton ball and place it between your pillow and the pillowcase.
Food for Thought
"Positive thinking dramatically increases your chances of success in any endeavor." Madisyn Taylor