Thursday, Nov. 12 at 11:30AM at CPC; Chair/Mat yoga
Saturday, Nov. 14 at 9:30AM at CPC
Sunday, Nov. 15 at 5PM at CPC
Optional Meditation on Second Wednesday of Each Month
Please plan on meditation after yoga on Wed., Nov. 11.
I have saved the $5.00 donation in October to add to the next month's.
I have cut back the meditation to second Wed. of the month due to lack of interest. I would be happy to add more sessions if enough people express interest.
100% of your donation benefits Our House which provides care and education to homeless children and helps their parents to get to their feet.
Please remember to put your donation in the basket in lieu of extra fee.
Lunch and Dinner Club Dates
Based on Th. group suggestion, we plan on lunch every 3d Thursday of the month. November lunch date: Th., Nov. 19 around 12:45 at Sobban at 1788 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30033
November calendar is attached; please check for dates.
Spice of the Month; Cardamom
Cardamom is a sweet spice with soothing effects. It is considered a warming and drying spice. To make a cardamom tea, add 1 ounce of its seeds to 4 cups of boiling water and let it brew for 10 minutes. The seeds could be added to black tea as well. It makes black tea fragrant and more beneficial. Also, one may choose to chew on the seeds. Ground cardamom could be added to any food you cook. It is a great spice to add to rice as Indians do. Most Indian foods have cardamom in them, but it could be added to food from other cuisines.
Here is a list of its benefits:
1- It helps with removing gas from stomach and intestines. Drink tea or chew on seeds before and after meals.
- It helps with increasing urination. Drink tea several times a day to increase urination.
- It helps with digestion. Drink tea or chew on seeds after meals.
- It helps healing sores in the mouth. Swish a sip of the tea in your mouth for a minute. Repeat several times a day.
- It makes the mouth to smell fresh. Just put a few seeds in your mouth and chew on them.
- To help with an earache, place a little bit of the ground seeds in the ear and lay down on your side for a few minutes.
- It helps with appetite. Just add it to your food while cooking or drink the tea before eating.
- It reduces fever. Sip cardamom tea throughout the day.
- It helps with fighting a cold. Drink tea made with cardamom and ginger.
- It helps with arthritis pain. Add seeds to your food.
- It helps with heartburn. Chew on seeds or drink tea after each meal.
Food for Thought
"Meditation practice isn't about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better, it's about befriending who we are." Ani Pema Chodron